Saturday, July 18, 2009

March-ahem, July Update!

A couple of updates- the progress of my comedy troupe The Dame Squad and links to other webseries I've been shooting!

The Dame Squad
My comedy troupe/writing team and I have been busy at work! If you haven't seen our spoofs on the Real Housewives series, The Real Housewives of Spittula, Arkansas you can see them on our website: http://www.thedamesquad.com/ under Spittula! We wrote, produced and acted in
these shorts. Courtney and I are both from Texas and Heidi is from the Midwest (there are shocking similarities!) so we all had authentic sources of material. We had a blast shooting these.

For the past few months, our team has been focused on writing. We've had interest from a management company who's been succesful in selling screenplays and concepts to major studios such as Lionsgate, Newline and Disney. They are encouraging us to develop more writing samples. The gals and I are currently moving forward with an original concept that we are really excited about. Can't give too many details yet, but hopefully things will keep progressing and we'll be able to move into the next phase with this concept and company.

WEBSERIES:

Life With Kat and McKay- I play Kat
When Mama's Boy McKay Dunn asks Daddy's Girl, Kat Steele, to marry him, they're deliriously happy...for about a minute. And then the uphill trudge to the altar begins as their circle of family and friends keeps putting roadblocks in their path. Will they make it? Tune in to find out...
Here's the link: http://lifewithkatandmckay.blip.tv/
You can also watch on the production company's website: http://www.pursedogtv.com/
We're on episode 6!

Heidi, Inc.- I play Series Regular Tina
We shot two episodes of this multi-camera comedy that's been described as "Friends meets Will and Grace". I got to play the 'moody' one which is always so much fun. Everyone in the cast and crew was so great to work with. Director Dan Egan, who was a staff writer on According to Jim, created the concept and was executive producer. Heidi (who is one of my writing partners) and I got to work together which was a blast. Someone pick up this show!!
Here's the link: www.youtube.com/heidiinc

Vicariously- I play a recurring role as Suzy, the receptionist
This is a comedy webseries about a couple of guys- Evan and Nick- who are trying to get their reality show picked up by a network- it does- but the show has turned into something completely different than expected...
They are working on a youtube link, but for now it directs you to facebook: I'm briefly in epidsode one and will have some more scenes in the next few episodes.
http://www.vicariously.tv/
The guys got Janeane Garafolo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000413/) to guest star in a couple of episodes. I was in a couple of those so I got to meet her. She is one short chick! Gah, she's funny. She came up to me and said she thought we had met before and I was like, um, no I think I'd remember that. Interesting...!

No comments: